Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Washing out image




I was using a garden hose hooked up to our faucet outside the house and then feeding it through the bathroom window so I could wash out my screens in our bathtub.  I have since found a wonderful little piece (I bought at Home Depot for about $1) that allows me to hook up that same garden hose to my showerhead faucet, so now I don’t even have to go outside! 




The reason I use a garden hose is because I can use the hose attachment so the water will come out at a high pressure making it easier to clean out the screens.  Plus it is so hard to try and clean out a screen with the small space you have between the tub faucet and the side of the tub.  Just makes things easier. 

Once the screen has been exposed I take it to the tub and wash out the un-hardened emulsion of the image. You should be able to hold the screen up the light and see right through the screen where the image is.  If you can’t see through it, keep washing.  If you over exposed your screen the image won’t wash out, if you under exposed your screen the image and the rest of the emulsion will all wash out, so the timing has to be perfect.  This process can take between a minute or two up to 5 minutes, just depends on the image you are using and the size of the area.  



So, after the screen has been washed out, let it dry and then you can start printing! (side note, this is a different screen than the one in the post before this so don't be confused by the different images).  More post to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment